Please remember, when GPs are at The Mill carrying out Covid immunisations, there will be a reduced service at the Practice.
COVID VACCINATION PROGRAMME
We are currently carrying out 2nd dose Covid vaccination clinics. Due to supply issues we are not in a position to offer first dose vaccination to any of the eligible cohorts listed below.
2nd dose clinics will take place at The Museum at Mossley Mill. If you are unsure of your time or date please contact the Practice.
If you have not yet received your vaccine and you belong to one of the groups listed below, please visit https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/get-covid-19-vaccination-northern-ireland to book your vaccine at one of the vaccination centres.
or for those with no internet access the phone line is 0300 200 7813
Map and contact details for participating pharmacies available at Pharmacy Covid Vaccinations (healthandcareni.net)
all those 80 years and over and frontline health and social care workers
- all those 75 years of age and over
- all those 70 years of age and over
- adults who are clinically extremely vulnerable
- those aged 65 years and over
- adults aged under 65 years with long-term clinical conditions
- those aged 35-64 not yet vaccinated
To view the definition of "clinically extremely vulnerable" and vulnerable" please visit:-
Please wait your turn. If you are not in the groups above, you will have to wait for a COVID-19 vaccination until more supplies become available.
If it is difficult to get to The Mill, there are a number of voluntary groups who may be able to help you.
South Antrim Community Transport
028 93 342455
Monkstown Boxing Club 07878832472
Disability Action 02890 297870
(phone as soon as you receive your appointment to book a place)
Translink Bus Service No. 1D from Glengormley to Mossley
HSCB is maintaining a FAQ for the public regarding the GP COVID-19 vaccine rollout - you may find this helpful The link is http://www.hscboard.hscni.net/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccination-programme/.
The PHA also have some helpful FAQs for the public at https://www.publichealth.hscni.net/covid-19-coronavirus/northern-ireland-covid-19-vaccination-programme/covid-19-vaccination-programme . We are aware of some scam emails/texts/calls about COVID-19 vaccinations and the PHA FAQ provides advice.
If you MUST visit the surgery, please wear a face mask/covering whilst visiting the surgery unless you have a reasonable excuse not to.
NI Direct states that "There is no need to get a letter from a doctor or government to show that you do not need to wear a face covering. If you have a condition which means you cannot wear a face covering you only need to say, if asked, that you cannot wear a face covering because you are exempt".
Patients may wish to print a card or badge available on UK government website
SURGERY ARRANGEMENTS DURING COVID-19 PANDEMIC
- Phone 999 if you have chest pain, shortness of breath or severe abdominal pain.
- If you are experiencing COVID related symptoms, phone NHS 119. For more information on COVID-19, please visit www.publichealth.hscni.net
- If you need access the GP, phone 02890 848420 BEFORE 11.30am for same day TELEPHONE service (no advance booking)
- If you require a self certification note for the first 7 days of absence from work please visit, www.uk/government/publications/statutory-sick-pay-employees-statement-of-sickness-sc2
- If you require a continuations sick note, please phone 02890 848420. The sick note will be emailed to you. This can not be collected from the surgery.
- Order a repeat prescription on line at www.glengormleypractice.co.uk or phone 02890 834360 between 9-11am and 2-4pm, Monday to Friday. All prescriptions are sent to the chemist of your choice.
- From Monday 3 August the surgery will NOT be offering a postal service of any prescriptions due to risk issues.
- To request a non-repeat (acute) prescription, phone 02890 848420 and give a brief history to the Receptionist.
- If you have a hospital letter, please enter the lobby and place the request in the prescription post box. Please check all personal details contained in the letter are correct. Remember to nominate a chemist for collection.
- If you have been asked by the GP to make an appointment at the treatment room or need a review appointment for an injection, dressing etc. phone 02890 84820.
- You do not need to contact the surgery for the result of your blood test. We will contact you, usually by text, if there is an abnormality or the need to have a test repeated.
- Childhood Immunisation and 8 week Assessment clinics are still operating. Phone 02890 848420 for an appointment.
- The midwifes antenatal clinic operates each Wednesday afternoon by appointment.
- The Cervical Cytology Screening Programme has been reinstated for special groups. If you receive a letter, please contact 02890 848420 to make an appointment with the Practice Nurse.
- All other routine face-to-face appointments are by "telephone first"
Appointments for COVID testing can be made via NHS 119 (24hr service).
Use of Email for submitting photographs
If you make contact with the Practice to request a telephone call in relation to a rash or skin lesion, the Receptionist will ask you to take a photograph of the area and submit it to the Practice via email (the email address will be given to you at the time). Please pay extra attention to the images you take. If appropriate, the GP may attach the image to your medical record, otherwise the image will be deleted.
PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS EMAIL ADDRESS UNLESS ASKED TO DO SO BY A MEMBER OF STAFF. COMMUNICATION TO THIS ADDRESS OUTSIDE OF A REQUEST WILL NOT BE DEALT WITH AND COULD RESULT IN A DELAY FOR ADVICE/TREATMENT ETC.
(Site updated 26/04/2021)